Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Cam Newton Tries To Un African American Quarterback Himself

Nearly a week after reminding the world that he was an "African American Quarterback" Cam Newton was trying to distance himself from his blackness.

But the media, at least some of the media pressed the issue. 


During Tuesday's presser Newton fielded questions about the trip, the team, about Peyton Manning until:

Things got a tad awkward when the subject of race came up, with one reporter asking Newton if he had anything to prove regarding him being a pocket passer and the stereotype of black QBs being better with their feet than with their arms, never mind brains.


“I don’t even want to touch on the topic of ‘black quarterback’ because I think this game is bigger than black, white or even green,” Newton said. “So, I think we limit ourselves, by just labeling ourselves, black, this that and a third. I want to bring awareness because of that. But yeah, I don’t think I should be labeled just as black quarterback because it’s bigger things in this sport that needs to be accomplished.” Via The Washington Post

Well Cam I could not have said it better myself. 

Oh wait, I did say that! - CP

No comments: